Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Twenty-Five


I thought about some numbers this morning.  Not bank account numbers.  Not the incredibly high number that has become my age.
Random stuff.
The mathematical concept of zero, as example, did not find a firm foothold in European mathematics until the twelfth century.  I cannot even begin to imagine working math without a zero.  Without zeros, since I mentioned it previously, my bank account would have a balance of $142.
That’s not very good.
One cool thing is a “jiffy.”   A jiffy is an honest-to-goodness number.  In electronics, a jiffy is 1/60th of a second, the time between cycles in alternating current.  In some computer applications, a jiffy is 1/100th of a second.
And so I sat here imagining numbers and started thinking about the number 25 for no specified reason.
“Twenty-five.”
I enjoy the way “twenty-five” sounds when you say it.  If you slow it down and soften your voice, twenty-five is decidedly sexy.
I think for this entire day I will twenty-five, twenty-five, twenty-five, twenty-five, twenty-five.
--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment