Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, October 20, 2014

Sunshine and Stone


A few days ago, a friend (Sandi) posted photographs from her trip to Hogback Mountain on Facebook.  Looking through her photographs reminded me that I had not taken a drive there even once this year.

The drive from my home to the top of Hogback is something a bit less than forty miles in length but normally requires well over an hour of time due to my constant stopping to investigate roadside rocks and halting for photographs.  The road to Hogback snakes through a spectacular series of limestone canyons and spires.  Eventually, you climb to a mountaintop that offers one-hundred mile views in all directions.
I am posting photographs from a trip to Hogback yesterday.  Also posted is a photo from a short hike up into Refrigerator Canyon.

--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. Awesome photos! Wish I had a chance to go up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The road to Hogback is one of my favorite drives. I usually try to go during the first week in July. That is when the alpine wildflowers are at the peak of their bloom.

    ReplyDelete