Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, August 29, 2015

A Blizzard Might be Welcome about Now


The constant smoke and the wildfires clawing through nearly every chain of mountains that surrounds us have converted our normally expansive views to life behind gray curtains.  At the moment, I cannot see the nearest horse pasture or nearest hills just beyond my house.

I woke this morning feeling stuffy and hot.  I did not even open the windows last night for the thick smoke and fire-smell.  As I wrestled out of bed and plodded off to make coffee, I thought, “Man, a blizzard might be welcome about now.”

Today, I am posting a couple of photographs I captured early one winter morning while driving through Helena on my way to work during a blizzard.  I posted one of these photographs previously, but looking at them feels pretty good right now.




--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments: