Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, November 22, 2018

My Thanksgiving Day Thanks


I am thankful that disco music did not survive the 1980s.
I am thankful my pants have not recently fallen down around my ankles while I was in a public place.
I am thankful for my oldest friends and my newest friends.
I am thankful for LED lighting.  Seriously.  I am an electrician, people, you need to expect this kind of stuff from me.
I am thankful for the founders of this great nation.  And, by the way, they were not all “fathers.”
I am thankful for the Constitution of the United States.  As I sit writing this, I can see my very own copy of this great document propped face-out on one of my upper bookshelves.
— Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. The college I work for recently had hundreds free mini books of the constitution available for anyone to pick up. I ended up grabbing 3 on the last day before they were boxed up again until next year. I was saddened by how many went unclaimed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have taken a few. Every so often I pick up my copy and read through. So brilliant! Some great thought and writing there. We are so lucky to have that in our corner.

      Delete