Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Sex Robots

Having worked in the electrical industry for most of my adult life, I learned to be somewhat cautious about adopting new technologies.  Often, the first generation of a new thing is plagued by pesky engineering shortfalls.  Additionally, the initial cost is somewhat elevated.
LED lighting sources are a perfect example of this.
Same for solar photovoltaic systems.
I held back a little before fully embracing both of these technologies.  But am all in now.  As I write this, I am bathed in the warm 2700 Kelvin light provided by LED retrofit bulbs.  Somewhere near half the energy I presently use is provided by my own solar PV system.  
So, let’s talk about sex.
I have been seeing articles in more than a few news outlets about the rise of sex robots.  Japanese men have so embraced (pun intended) sex dolls, some researchers fear it has led to that countries current decline in birth rates.
Okay, that’s a little weird.
One thing is certain: The dolls are on their way to becoming full-fledged robots.  Artificial intelligence will soon be a standard feature for the robots. 
I am not quite ready to crawl into bed with a compendium of servomotors and silicone.
There is a pretty big gulf between lighting up my room and lighting up my life.
Just to be creepy, I have posted a video (no sex involved) featuring Harmony, the sex robot.
--Mitchell Hegman
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orBH_Qnw3eY

No comments:

Post a Comment