Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Early Risers


I ran across an interesting article about sleep habits.  The article featured a study conducted by OnePoll which compared early risers to night owls, based on interviews with 2000 Americans.
I am thinking my tendency to wake between 4:00 AM and 5:00 AM qualifies me as an early riser, if not full-on annoying.
Here are a few early bird traits:
—    Energetic
—    Believe in love at first sight
—    More active sex life
—    Likely to engage in hobbies
—    Tend to recall their dreams
—    More likely to squirm, snore, and talk in their sleep
Much of that rings true with me.
I do believe in love at first sight.
I often recall screaming hordes of dreams.
And I don’t merely squirm in my sleep—I ride an exercise bike.
My big take-away for night owls is that they tend to believe in ghosts and are sarcastic.
Finally: Love you, night owls.
—Mitchell Hegman

3 comments:

  1. "Likely to engage in hobbies." That's true too. Proof is this blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently I am a bird of the early variety. My husband is a night owl. Sometimes we give each other the suspicious side eye because neither one of us can abide by the other's ability to wake up that early and/or stay up that late.

    ReplyDelete