Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, December 6, 2019

20 Pounds of Hungry and Whiny


I almost slept in this morning.  By “slept in” I mean sleeping until 5:00 AM or later.
I almost did that today.
Splash, my 20 pounds of housecat, made sure that didn’t happen.
Sometime during the wee hours of last night, Splash must have started feeling better.  I actually use two simple formulas to determine if my cat is feeling well:
1. Whiny = Normal
2. Hungry = Normal
At 4:39 AM, Splash started whining at my bedroom door.  Apparently, the thought occurred to him that he might drop a pound or two eating as little as he has over the last few days.
I think he panicked a little.
He whined incessantly and continued whining even as he led me into the kitchen where I store his canned food.
I had to feed him twice this morning.
Normal with a twist.
—Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. Further proof that cats are not of this world and operate on all levels on their own schedule. I used to try and keep my own super sized cat out of my bedroom but it never worked. He figured out how to hook his fat paw under the gap under my door and rattle it incessantly until I let him in. It was do that and put up with him pawing at my face and/or putting his full weight on me at intervals throughout the night or get no sleep at all. I miss the cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a another cat that did the exact same thing as your super sized cat. Splash just sits outside crying. Works the same.

      Delete