Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, December 8, 2019

Huckleberry Day


Yesterday, my neighbor, Kevin, and a few of my huckleberry picking companions gathered at my house for a day processing some of this summer’s bounty.  My brother-in-law, Terry, and I started handling the first batch of huckleberry jam at 9:30 in the morning.
Others soon joined us.
We drank a little, ate a little, and laughed a lot.
By 3:00 in the afternoon, we had produced something north of 50 jars of jam and three huckleberry pies.

Kitchen Staged for the Day

Selfie with Montana Chefs

Cooling Jars of Jam

Huckleberry Pies
—Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. There's no way to water down what I'm about to say so I'll just be honest about it.

    I'd do some sketchy stuff for huckleberry jam. And I wouldn't even feel compelled to go to confession or anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get it. Huckleberry jam is amazing. I do do some pretty sketchy stuff to get the berries.

    ReplyDelete