Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, December 1, 2019

Confusing Texts


I ran across a story with the following headline “Mysterious wave of texts leave Americans extremely confused.”
My immediate thought was to check my phone to see if I had accidentally sent a text to “Americans.”  Between autocorrect and my being all thumbs, I commonly send unintelligible messages.
Not me this time.
Turns out the article described events that occurred early last month.
Apparently, a system update to some mobile phones installed a technical glitch which caused phones to launch random text messages.  The messages were often only cryptic fragments and totally out of context.  Some were from conversations that had taken place many months prior to the occurrence of the glitch.
In one case a woman in California received a message from an ex with whom she had experienced a nasty breakup.  Her ex also received a message from her.
Another woman from Oregon woke at 5 AM to a text that that simple said “omg.”
In a few cases, the random texts reignited relationships.
I am just glad my phone did not receive the weird update.  I don’t need any help in confusing my contacts.
—Mitchell Hegman
Source: sky news

No comments:

Post a Comment