Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, September 21, 2020

Gone Squishy

I got downright squishy the other night.  Somehow, hard as this is to fathom, a story about an octopus brought me to tears.

I sat on my sofa and, quite literally, shed tears (several times) watching a documentary about a man who befriends an octopus living in a kelp forest in the waters of False Bay near Cape Town, South Africa.

An octopus.

An invertebrate.

Me crying.

I found the documentary, My Octopus Teacher, while snapping through junk on Netflix and decided to watch because, well, I don’t know why.

Honestly, I don’t have in my arsenal all the proper words to describe this documentary.  The cinematography is stunning.  The story, though expressed softly, is deeply emotive and impossible to leave behind after you have finished watching.

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment