Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, March 3, 2014

A Dark and Not Particularly Meaningful Fable


One afternoon a man and a lion were walking together in the woods, when, suddenly, the lion flopped on his side and began to cry while examining one of his massive front paws.
“What’s wrong?” asked the man, stopping to kneel near the creature.
“I’ve stepped on a thorn,” the lion roared, “and I cannot pull it out from my pads.  Perhaps if you helped me, I won’t eat your children in the dark of night.”
The man considered for a moment.  “I have a better idea,” he said.  The man grabbed a large stick from nearby and clubbed the lion to death.
Later, the man ran into a black bear walking the other direction in the darkest part of the woods.  The bear stopped the man.  “I have been looking for my friend the lion, have you seen him?” asked the bear.
“Yes,” answered the man, “but only for a moment.”
--Mitchell Hegman
Note:  This is something I wrote quite a few years back.  I thought I may have posted this previously, but did not see it on a quick search back through my blogs.  My apologies if the blog is back there someplace and you have had to read this for a second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment