Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Admission


I must come clean.  I hereby admit that I spent several minutes yesterday afternoon standing outside my house watching snow melt.
I did.
The event was way more exciting than you would expect.  The warm sun felt like someone hugging me with cotton arms as I stood there watching giant rafts of snow slip from my metal roof and crash into my front yard.  The sheets of snow landed in heaps in my yard with a sound that was like an ugly shotgun marriage between a thud and a plop.
Inside, my cats ran off to hide under chairs fearing that the sky was falling.
Outside, a rather drunken moth fluttered up right in front of me, having emerged from someplace unknown.  The moth looped once at my face and then tumbled out over the all-snow landscape as I stood there watching.
Also, hey, is it spring here or is it just me?
--Mitchell Hegman
Photo taken with my smarter-than-me phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment