Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

3:00 AM


I wake at 3:00 AM.
Not 2:59 AM.
Not 3:01 AM.
I wake at 3:00 AM.
If you for some reason conduct a Google search for "3:00 AM" you will discover that some people are very suspicious about waking at this time.  These people think that this is the exact hour of night when someone is watching you.  This is the time of night when spirits seek to communicate with you.
I don’t know about that…other than I know about it…which makes sense at 3:00 AM.
I get up at 3:00 AM, split a whole can of cat food between my 40 pounds of cat, and then step outside and pee into the darkness from my deck overlooking the lake.
That’s what I do at 3:00 AM.
And will you just look at all of those stars poking at us from the darkness that surrounds!   And, yes, the spirits can watch me pee if they want.
--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment