Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Eating Broccoli and Other Disturbing Behaviors


Last night, as a sat eating broccoli because I really wanted to eat broccoli, the thought occurred that I am beginning to act very much like an adult.  As a kid, I equated eating broccoli with eating dead tree stumps.  Now I purchase fresh broccoli on purpose.

That’s not the only disturbing adult behavior I have adopted.  I now pair-up my socks and organize them in a drawer as soon as I retrieve them from the dryer instead of stuffing the whole pile away at once.  I regularly “shake” my throw rugs.  I feel like a dirty monster if I can’t floss my teeth after dinner.  I sometimes pay attention to televised advertisements for household cleaning products.  On occasion, I purchase something based on televised advertisements.  I enjoy reading articles about electrical code enforcement issues.  I am not opposed to yelling at people on the television.
    
I am beginning to think that adulthood is a form of lunacy.        

--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:


  1. Stimulating blog! Could it be that adulthood is a form of infancy? haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete