Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, April 10, 2015

New Carpet


My sister and brother-in-law had new carpet installed throughout much of their home.  When I stopped in to visit my brother-in-law a couple days ago, I walked across the laminate kitchen floor and peered into the living room.  “Call Deb and tell her that I am running all over the new carpet,” I told my brother-in-law.

“Seriously?”

“Yep.”

I peeled off my shoes and jumped onto the new carpet. “Smells great!”  I looped around the living room, twice.  Then I ran down the hall and looped once through the spare bedroom before heading back to wheel through the living room again.

I could hear my brother-in-law’s end of a conversation with my sister: “He’s running all over the place…I’m not kidding…His shoes are in the kitchen…I think he likes it…”

--Mitchell Hegman 

3 comments:

  1. Must have felt good on the soles of your feet. Glad you enjoyed the romp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story about your brother-in-law reminds me of when my parents got a new carpet installed in their house about a year ago. My parent's carpet feels like a massage on the soles of my feet. I love going to my parents’ house and walking on their carpet with no shoes on!

    ReplyDelete