Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Reflections


Yesterday I drove from Helena to Billings for another “adventure” in teaching.  The whole sky above me was filled with cotton candy clouds pushing on in their single direction.  Fresh snow on the chevron peaks made the mountain ranges look like rows upon rows of dazzling white tents pitched against the horizons.  Cloud shadows roved slowly across the open scarps and vales as I drove the long, straight stretches of highway strung between higher points.  I nearly drifted off the road on two occasions while gazing off into the endless ranchlands.

If this is work, I guess I don’t want to stop working just yet.
Posted are a couple of photographs I snapped of the Bridger Mountains at one on my stops along the way.

--Mitchell Hegman

4 comments:

  1. I stood at the spot where I took the photos for a very long time, basking in the landscape and the new sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter lives in Billings, I never get to see the beautiful view because I do drift off into the ditch. More than once too.

    ReplyDelete