Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sunday Version 3.0


I wake late to the absolute quiet of freshly fallen snow.  The sun has already upped and slipped behind a low rack of clouds.  To the south, only the soft white and blue bases of the Elkhorn Mountains have emerged from a lingering stormfront.  The tree-to-tree solitaire that flits about my yard has yet to take flight.

Not a single track can be seen in the snow.

Over here at my place, it’s just me and 20 pounds of housecat stirring.  The cat is scratching free hairballs and depositing them at various places on my carpet.

I am drinking coffee and wondering if it possible to permanently leave my sofa.

Welcome to my version of Sunday.

--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. Peace and quiet, animals playing and words easily flowing from your head to your fingertips is precious weekend quality time!

    ReplyDelete