Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

These Are Mine


Each morning, these are mine:

Meteors scratching brightly against the predawn sky.
That girl sleeping soundlessly, sweetly in the new direction.
An old pair of shoes that knows my old direction.
One cat curled on the floor and one observing from the window bay.
Water murmuring in the kitchen, evolving into coffee.
Flashing between four channels of must see news.
Facebook friends.
My smarter-than-me-phone.
This.

--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. There are many things about mornings to be grateful for, especially that moment when you open your eyes and realize that you are awake. Thought I posted this comment yesterday but I guess I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree. I swear there are times when I post comments and they don't show. Happen the just the other day.

    ReplyDelete