Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, March 10, 2018

A Change in Hair Color Changes Everything


The other day, I bumped into a woman who immediately called me by name and struck up a conversation.  I recognized her face, but could assign neither name nor any thread of connection to my life.
I tried to place her as we spoke, but nothing surfaced.
I mean nothing.
I walked away from our chance meeting very frustrated by an utter lack of registration within my memory.  I spent hours following the meeting scouring through my brain in an effort to place the woman.
What the hell is wrong with me and my brain?
This morning, at once and out of the blue, the woman popped into my head with a completely different hair color and I immediately recognized her.
-- Mitchell Hegman

2 comments: