Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Themes


My neighbor, Kevin, drives two miles out to our cluster of mailboxes to fetch his newspaper early each morning.  Since his route takes him past my house, he stops and hand-delivers my paper as well.  Each morning, I trot out to my drive and meet him.   We typically engage in a bit of conversation before he drains away down the hill to his house again.
Following is our conversation from yesterday:
KEVIN: “What are your plans for the day?”
ME: “I’m going to run into town and buy some stuff.  I have a few home projects.  For one thing, I need to see if I can find some blue pine tongue and groove for a wall in the living room.”
KEVIN: “I like that stuff.”
ME: “Me, too.  I also need some white pickling stain.  My sister has some blue pine with white stain in her house.  Looks great.  And we have a kind of white theme going in our living room.”  
KEVIN:  Hmmm.  I have a theme down at my place, too.”
ME: “Oh, what’s your theme?”
KEVIN: “Spiders on the walls and Rainer beer.”
--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments: