Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, May 4, 2018

It’s a Big Deal


I will admit to playing things up a bit at times just to be annoying.  I suppose this is something akin to a character flaw.  Once I know I can slightly annoy people, I never let up.
There is an element of fun in this.
Jigsaw puzzles, for whatever reason, tend to bring forth my penchant for playing things up.  I make a huge deal of putting a piece in if anyone is working on a puzzle with me.  Each time I get a piece in place, I loudly announce: “Hey, look!  I just put this piece in!  This one right here!”
I may tap my finger on the piece.  “I just did this one!”
Sometimes, I simply blurt out: “YES!”
My sister Debbie has a puzzle in progress on her kitchen table at the present time.  Anytime I stop by to visit, I make a point of putting a few pieces in place so I can make some noise.  Yesterday, I had to stop by and feed her cat while she and Terry were out of town.  Naturally, I drifted over to the puzzle while the cat munched at his food.
How, I wondered, could I maintain my tradition of make a big deal of the pieces I put in if nobody was around?
Today I am posting a smarter-than-me-phone photograph of my solution.



--Mitchell Hegman

1 comment: