Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, May 26, 2018

A Storm Approaches


Last evening, a dark rainstorm devoured the Elkhorn Mountains and dragged itself across the valley toward my house.  Strong winds shouldered against my windows and pushed aside the mayday tree at my front drive before the storm itself reached me.
When I opened my door to step outside to “feel” the storm approaching, a white flurry of snow-like petals from the Mayday tree blossoms swished inside my house and settled on the entry bench and carpeting.
I walked out and stood at the end of my drive to capture images of the approaching storm with my smarter-than-me-phone.
I love such storms.  They make me feel appropriately insignificant.  I like the earthy scents they carry.  I appreciate the insistence of wind against my arms and face.  I like listening to wind sifting through the nearby pines.    
I captured a few images of the storm while blue skies remained overtop me and then scampered back inside and waited for rain.
--Mitchell Hegman

1 comment:


  1. i especially love the first photo. Montana hs a beauty all its own!

    ReplyDelete