Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, April 14, 2019

Selenite


Mark Susag, my good buddy of forever, asked me to attend Helena Mineral Society’s Gem and Mineral Show with him again this year.  We have attended this together for the last dozen or so years.  While there, he always buys me a fossil or pretty rock of some sort for my birthday.
One year, while hunting elk, mark found a strikingly orange and red twenty pound stone and carried the thing for over a mile (back to this truck) just so he could give that to me on my birthday.
This year, Mark arrived earlier to the event than me.  When I met him at the entrance to the show, he said, “I already have something picked out for you.  I think you will like it.”
Mark led me back to a table filled with geodes, crystals, and various highly polished stone specimens.  He pointed to a display of selenite carvings with light shining up inside them from their bases.
I think my exact quote upon seeing the display was “Oooh-Wow!”
Selenite, according to the paper I got with the stone, “instills deep peace.”  This is also a stone thought to enhance mental clarity and flexibility.  Additionally, selenite is a “sweet angel stone.”  According to the literature, I can contact angels with the selenite.
I can always use that.
And even if none of that is true, it’s still a spectacular gift from my buddy Mark.
Posted is a photograph of my selenite with my Buddha light in the background.

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment