Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, February 9, 2020

Not My Question…But A Good One!


Computers, when they work properly, are swift and dazzling.  When computers are glitchy, they are an equivalent to using a Phillips screwdriver on a slotted screw.
In my way of thinking, hardware or software problems are (or can be) equally insidious.
Recently, I have been having software problems with iTunes.  I keep getting caught up in a vicious cycle where iTunes won’t allow me to access a song in my library until I authorize my computer.  So, I punch in my access information when prompted and send off.  A pop-up tells me the computer has previously been authorized.  So, I try to play the song again.  The same pop-up I started with informs my computer is not authorized.
On into infinity.
Please take a moment here to insert a few bad words of your own preference.
Yesterday afternoon, I decided to seek help from the vast an all-knowing internet.  I would ask Google why iTunes keeps asking me to authorize my computer.  I brought forth the search engine and began typing in “Why does iTunes….”
And directly below where I typed in my query, Google auto-populated the number one query to that point: “Why does iTunes suck?”
—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment