Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, February 3, 2020

Painting in a Hurry

I am not likely to pick up where Michelle Nirumandrad leaves off anytime soon.  The way I have this calculated, I have three strikes against me.
First, I am not proficient at multitasking.
Second, I like to finish stuff once I get started.
Third, I have no intention of jumping from a fully functional airplane unless said airplane is parked on the tarmac.
So, here is where we are: Michelle Nirumandrad is the world’s first sky-diving painter.  She produces acrylic paintings while free-falling from the sky.  Michelle doesn’t land on the ground with a Mona Lisa, mind you, but…there is paint on the canvas (and on her).   
As I mentioned, I don’t see myself following in Michelle’s “footsteps” anytime soon.  For one thing, I can’t scream in terror and paint at the same time.  If I did manage to start a painting while dropping at terminal velocity, my personality type is such that I would want to finish to my liking.  That would likely require hours.
I did the math on that.  It’s a “no go.”
Posted below is a video of Michelle Nirumandrad producing some of her works.
—Mitchell Hegman
Source: https://www.ripleys.com
Video Link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vygS6HjQlug&t=147s

No comments:

Post a Comment