Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, September 8, 2024

Speed Square

Between my house and the cabin, I must have six or seven caulking guns by now. I only need one at each location, but as big and conspicuous as they are, I somehow regularly pack them away in boxes, bins, or five-gallon buckets and lose track of them, which forces me to buy a new one when the need arises.

Weirdly enough, I have the same issue with speed squares. The fact that speed squares are flat means they can easily hide underneath other things. I believe I have four speed squares by this point. In fact, I purchased a new one less than a month ago, only to inadvertently find one I already had a day or so later.

I am sharing a photograph of a speed square I recently located at my cabin. I think I am going to do something outlandish and hang it in a conspicuous location on the side of the shelving unit where I store some of my tools. If I manage to locate a caulking gun, I may do the same with that.

A Speed Square

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment