Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, September 15, 2024

Windsor Knot

The Windsor Knot, a popular necktie knot, is named after the Duke of Windsor, though he didn't actually use it. People began using the Windsor Knot in the 1930s and 1940s. Its large, triangular shape became a symbol of elegance and formality, making it a popular choice for business and ceremonial attire. The Windsor remains popular to this day.

I rarely wear a tie, but I needed to wear one yesterday for a wedding (as part of the wedding party). Knots, whether they be in life-saving ropes, macramé, or a sporty dress tie, have always evaded me. With this in mind, I practiced tying a Windsor on the tie I needed for the wedding ahead of time. I am posting a photograph of my effort.

Hopefully, nobody will require me to tie a life-saving knot for them anytime soon.

First Effort

At the Wedding   

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment