Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sunrise, October 31, 2012


Only on the rarest of occasions will you find me going someplace without my camera.  I have it in my automobile when I go to work, when I drive across the valley to see friends, and even when I go to town for grocery shopping. 
My theory regarding the constant habit (sometimes annoyance) of carrying my camera is that you never know when an image or moment worth capturing will present itself to you.  I am always admonishing other people for not having their camera when I catch them without theirs.  Only a few days ago a friend called me and said, “You are right…I should have had my camera,” and then went on to tell me about a missed opportunity for photographing fall colors against a spectacular blue sky.
I am posting two of the reasons I take my camera to work.  I stopped along my way to Helena yesterday to capture this sunrise over Hauser Lake.  I purposefully flashed the portrait-style photograph to highlight the grass.
 
 
 
--Mitchell Hegman

1 comment:

  1. The grass seem to celebrate the burst of light and color from out of the darkness.

    ReplyDelete