Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Edge of That

 
Posted today is a photograph I took of my daughter as she stood looking out at the Pacific Ocean from the California Coast in 2005.  The dark cypress seems ever windblown and the sun glares a bit too brightly.
My daughter married in the nearby Carmel Valley three years after I captured this photograph.  The day before the wedding, I drove my wife and the man my daughter married down to Carmel from Alameda.  Gary, my daughter’s soon-to-be husband, was quite ill at the time with the cancer that would ultimately take his life only six months after their wedding in the spring green valley.
This photograph is on the edge of that.


--Mitchell Hegman

1 comment: