Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Riptide of Nonsense


I have not been sleeping well for a few weeks now.  I drift off to sleep immediately, but wake an hour or so later finding my head filled with schemes to finish this or that project, with remakes of small personal conflicts, with thoughts of people I miss, with world news, with one thing screaming right after another.  Honestly, my head feels as though it is filled with whirlpools of junk from the Sargasso Sea.  Instead of drifting away to sleep I get caught in a riptide of busy nonsense.
Why this?
--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes the mind talks too much and needs to be shut up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will tell my mind to shut-the-hell-up on this night!

    ReplyDelete