Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, September 12, 2014

Skipping Out on Work


I took the occasion of a September snowstorm to skip out on work so that I might drive to my cabin for the day.  September is my favorite month of the year for spending time at the cabin.  I love the cool mornings and warm afternoons.  I enjoy starting a fire and puttering around inside the cabin.  The early snow was an attraction I could little resist.
I encountered snow as I started climbing Flesher Pass.  The snow extended for the entire remaining drive to my cabin.  The highway proved a bit icy on several turns.  Today, I am posting a photograph I took of the highway in the upper Blackfoot Valley, a photograph of some grass near my cabin, and a photograph of the light fixture I made from conduit and attached to a walkway that extends from the loft of my cabin.


--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment