Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, October 26, 2015

Behind the Refrigerator


Last night, I woke late in the night and my mind immediately began churning with the thought that I need to pull out my refrigerator and clean behind it.  I mean that very thought ran from corner to corner in my mind and kicked the hell out of any thought of world wars or hot air balloons or pipe wrenches or absolutely anything else.

This went on for a very long time.  “What the hell is back there behind the refrigerator,” I wondered.  “When did I last clean behind it?  Did I mop the floor and wipe down the walls?”

I admonished myself, “Seriously, are you going to let the thought of cleaning behind your refrigerator keep you from falling back to sleep?”

...Yes…yes, I am.

--Mitchell Hegman 

1 comment: