Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, October 3, 2015

San Francisco


That girl and I arrived in San Francisco yesterday afternoon and are now staying my daughter’s apartment located on a beautifully inclined dead end street just below Corona Heights Park in the Castro neighborhood.  Sets of cascading stairways will take you from street to street here.  The two and three-story homes and apartments all teeter over the narrow streets, the buildings seemingly held there by the splays of service wires and trees extended between them above street level.

Last night, we went out to dinner at a Peruvian restaurant—a new experience for me. We ate Ceviche, which is raw fish cured in citrus juice.  In our case, we sampled both ahi tuna and halibut prepared with a lime-based sauce.

That girl and I both loved the Ceviche and are determined to learn how to make it for ourselves.  

Posted are some photographs I captured with my smarter-than-me-phone.


--Mitchell Hegman

1 comment: