Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, October 12, 2015

The Difference Between Naked and Nekkid


The other day, while I stood in one of those typical cattle-like lines at the Denver airport trying to catch my flight back to Montana, former Senator Alan Simpson, ambled by on his way to board a flight destined for his home state of Wyoming.  I am pretty certain that I was the only person to recognize him.

Most recently, Senator Simpson is known for co-chairing the Simpson-Bowles Plan (The National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform).  The Simpson-Bowles Plan is designed to restructure and reduce our unremitting national debt.  The plan proposes kicking at all legs of spending and altering all aspects of our present tax structure.

Senator Simpson is also known for being a bit cranky at times and more than a little folksy.  In simple terms, he is “quotable.”  Today, I thought I would share one of my favorite Simpson quotes:

“Do you know the difference beween naked and nekkid?  If you’re naked, you don’t have any clothes on, but if you’re nekkid you don’t have any clothes on but you’re up to something.”

--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments: