Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

You’ve Got to Crack a Few Eggs


You have probably heard the old maxim: “You’ve got to crack a few eggs to make an omelet.”

Yesterday, I proved the maxim to be true when (with the help of a company technician) I installed a receiver dish to pick up a new feed for my internet service.  The dish is required to be in direct line of sight with a service feed on a tower atop Hogback Mountain, some eleven miles northeast of my house.

I more than cracked a few eggs to complete this project.  Following is my updated version of the omelet maxim:

You’ve got to poke holes in your walls, move furniture, fish wires, mount a new dish, crawl in the attic, trudge through snow, cut down two large pine trees, break a chainsaw, get a few oil stains on your deck, bump your head, stop for a drink of Scotch, install a new wireless router, and input in a new password to connect to a new internet provider.

My version does not have the snap of the original…but there it is.

--Mitchell Hegman 

No comments:

Post a Comment