Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Below Zero


Today, I am posting a photograph I captured early one winter morning in 2010.  I stopped and snapped the picture on my way to work.  The temperature at the time was below zero.

Though the subjects in the photograph are a wholly mundane, the movement of night-steam and the washed-out lighting on the building in the background add a drama that I particularly enjoy.

I did not have a tri-pod when I captured the image.  I simply held my camera against the partially open window of my truck to hold steady as I snapped the shutter.  For that reason you can see a slight fuzziness throughout the entire image.  You can also see a small scattering of stars in the sky.
   --Mitchell Hegman

2 comments: