Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Smoke

I arrived back home from Ohio by plane near midnight last night.  The mountain air felt refreshingly cool as I walked out from the terminal to retrieve my car before driving home.  When I arrived here at the house, I scurried about and opened windows before crashing into my bed, hoping to bring fresh air into my house.
This morning, I woke to cool air pouring across my bed.  A glance outside, however, revealed a blue-gray haze in the sky. 
I have come home to fire season.
Fire season is an expected quantity when you live out West.  Searching today's news, I found summaries of two wildfires not far from Lincoln, a fire near Canyon Ferry, and a fire near Elliston, just across the Continental Divide.
We are both early and dry in this season.

--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. It must feel good to be back in your own home and to sleep on your own bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For certain. I also love the dry air.

    ReplyDelete