Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Something I Had To Do

Yesterday, at about 1:00 in the afternoon, I did something I had to do.
I had to stand on mountainside of mixed timber and sunshine, in a cooling breeze faintly scented by huckleberries.
I had to stand there and watch a small white moth lift from the broad leaf of a thimbleberry, tumble off through the green understory, and then dissolve in the arresting light of a small clearing.
If not me, who?

--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. The real question is how long can there be green understory from which small white moths emerge? For how long can we preserve our planet's ecosystem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moth dissolved in the light. We shall also dissolve in the light.

    ReplyDelete