Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, June 1, 2018

My Body is My Temple


When a person is in their twenties or thirties, making the statement “My body is my temple” makes some sense.  But at this later stage of my life I have a kind shack thing going on over in my direction.
I have crooked window shutters and weathered siding.  My roofing is looking a bit battered.  Inside, a few paintings are hanging crooked.
I am not complaining.  I feel pretty good.  Yesterday, between rain showers, I even managed a four-mile hike on Mount Helena with my friend Jeff.
I think, at this point, I will go with this: “My body was earned.”

Me.                                                                                      







Jeff.







--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments: