Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, December 6, 2018

The Coffee Glitch

I froze the governor elect of Colorado this morning.  Not literally.  I froze him on television with my remote.  I had to freeze him because I forgot to drink the coffee I made early this morning.
What I mean is: I wanted to hear what the governor had to say, so I froze him on the television while I schlepped out into the kitchen and poured a cup of coffee.
Wait a second.  How could I forget to drink coffee?
No idea.  Some kind of software error, I guess.
This is serious.
When eventually I got back to unfreeze the governor, I was so busy freaking out about forgetting to drink my coffee, I didn’t pay much attention to what he had to say.
He was as good to me frozen as not.
—Mitchell Hegman

4 comments:

  1. I recently had a blip in my own routine first thing in the morning. I usually stumble downstairs to make coffee before anything else happens and somehow missed a step. Fortunately it wasn't an actual step as I'm getting old and really can't afford to be breaking anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mitch, I believe you are going through what is called "aging" and tend to forget things. I'm going through it too and although I don't forget to drink my coffee I do forget to take my prescription drugs or worse, I probably take them more than I should. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, I would forget to take stuff, too. So far, I am clear of that.

      Delete