Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, December 24, 2023

Brown Dot

I purchased a can of brown (satin finish) latex paint for the trim on my master bedroom ceiling. After mixing and shaking the paint, the paint store salesman opened the can and applied a small dot of paint to a label on the lid. The idea is to help me identify the color within the can. The dot is really not necessary for me – within a few minutes of opening the can, I typically have paint all over the outside.

Probably, I should not be allowed to use brown paint in a world of white walls and lightly-colored floors. While I am pretty good at masking off and covering things around my intended painting 'target,' I am often a bit sloppy beyond that. Today, I am posting a photograph of the pale brown dot followed by a photograph of the can after a few minutes of my painting.

Let’s just say it’s pretty obvious what color of paint is in the can.

Brown Dot

Paint Can After a Little Painting

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment