Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Cluster of Wires


For the last thirty-some hours of my life I have been mired in a fever.  I slept for nearly ten hours last night, which is nearly twice my norm.  Somewhere in the night, I had a dream that each time I woke I was able to alter one thing in the world just by touching together any two of a cluster of bare-ended wires near my pillow.
One time, I woke, touched two wires together and everything around me turned the color blue.  Another time, I woke, connected two wires, and the sounds of automobile traffic all around me ceased.  The cluster was comprised of hundreds of wires and hundreds of possibilities.
When I woke this morning, instead of finding a cluster of wires near my bed, I found one of my cats gacking-up a hairball.
And I still feel like hell.
--Mitchell Hegman    

No comments:

Post a Comment