Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, February 27, 2016

No News is Good News


I have not read, watched, or listened to the news for eight days.  Instead, I have watched sunsets, poked at bright flowers, snorkeled in the ocean, and listened to birds calling from palm trees.

I know that such a life is not realistic in the long term.  At some point soon, I need to know what Donald Trump’s hair is up to these days.  I will need to hear about another grim mass shooting or perhaps some new dread disease that is being imported to North America by way of a vector such as the common housefly.

Late this evening, that girl and I will climb aboard a jet and fly back home again.  Back to the news.  Back to 40 pounds of unappreciative housecat.

For now, no news is good news…



--Mitchell Hegman

1 comment: