Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, February 19, 2016

On Hawaii


Leaving Montana yesterday, we experienced a bit of what the airline steward predicted would be a bit of “bumpy air.”  Bumpy, indeed.  At one point, our plane made such a sharp drop, the magazine cradled loosely in my hands flew up and nearly smacked my face.  Everyone on the plane hushed for a moment, then laughed nervously.

Thankfully, the turbulence did not last long.

After a connection in Seattle and another six hours of flying, we arrived on the Big Island at about 11:00 PM, local time.  Three hours earlier than home.

This morning, I am out of sorts.  My internal clock is three hours off.  I have not even stepped outside yet.  But I do see Hawaii out the window!

--Mitchell Hegman

1 comment: