Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Passenger Side

Early yesterday morning, my friend and neighbor, Kevin, stopped by my house to drop off my newspaper as he does early every morning.  We chatted a little as we always do.
“I need to take my car into the shop later this morning,” he told me during the course of our conversation.
“What for?” I asked.
“A recall.  They are going to replace the passenger side airbag.”
“Oh…you have some of those killer Takata airbags?”
“Yep.  They replaced the driver’s side last year.”
“That’s good.  Why worry, then?” I joked.  “It’s just the passenger in danger…not you.”
Kevin gazed at me with big eyes.  “God is my copilot!”
“In that case, you need to take the car in.”
--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment