Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Truth with Charity

PART I
I’ve got my truth.
You’ve got yours.
Between those
we have conceived an ugly baby.

PART II
Bukowski was reckless,
combative,
but said it best:
“Love breaks my bones
and I laugh.”

PART III
I need someone in my life to tell me to “stop.”
I can’t go on obsessing about finding that exact word,
flinging whole stacks of magazines to the floor,
jerking open drawers,
flipping over yesterday’s clothing
and newspapers I should have thrown out,
opening and closing doors,
scratching a mess into my hair,
reading Sylvia Plath poems over and over again.
Looking.  Groping.  Grinding my life away.
Obsession is a dreadful word,
but it’s close.


-- Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment