Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Anything (With a Twist)

This morning, not long after waking, I stood before my bathroom mirror cringing at the messy-haired, wrinkled, not-fully-alert reflection of me.  As I stood there, I recalled a dream from last night.  The dream was somewhat tame and normal so far as dreams go.  In the dream, I was convinced I could do pretty much anything.  Not in the superhuman sense.  In the “if you work hard and apply yourself” sense.  Looking at the disheveled, weary me in the mirror, I thought: Maybe that was not a just a dream.  Maybe I can do anything I set my mind to.  But you’d think I could look better than this doing it…

-- Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. You still can do anything you set your mind to. Just ignore the aging vessel your spirit is in.

    ReplyDelete