Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, December 17, 2017

I am an ENFP

According to the results of a somewhat annoying test I completed, I am a type ENFP personality.   One resource I read suggested my type constitutes about two percent of the population.  Another resource claimed we ENPFs make up about five to seven percent of the population.
What is an ENFP?  These letters represent human metrics for personality which mean the following:
E = Extroverted (versus “I” for Introverted)
N = Intuition (versus “S” for Sensing)
F = Feeling (versus “T” for Thinking)
P = Perceiving (versus “J” for Judging)
Using this metric, a total of sixteen distinct personality type can be identified.  In a nutshell (and that might be exactly where we should be) ENPFs are emotional weirdos.  We tend toward the passionate, over-sensitive side.  We are enthusiastic and lean hard into idealism.  We seek honesty and are not particularly bossy.  But we get detracted by shiny objects.
Robin William’s was an ENFP.
I was surprised at how precisely I fit into the descriptions of ENFPs I found.   I have a few outliers.  For one thing, I generally finish projects I start, which is not a normal aspect for an ENFP. 
I printed out a copy of one of the ENFP descriptions and gave it to that girl.  After reading it, she said:  “That’s pretty close but it does not quite capture how unusual you are.”
“You mean I am weirder than that.”
“Way weirder.”
I smiled.  “Thank you, honey.”

-- Mitchell Hegman

2 comments: