Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Image Crisis


Here is the latest.
I had something of a traumatic experience in the bathroom yesterday morning.  Not to put too fine a point on this: I accidentally caught a glimpse myself naked in the mirror.
What I saw was not wholly human.
At one time I had something of a partially tanned man-shape.  Over more recent years, I have whitened and my shape has becomes somewhat unstructured.   
My first thought when I saw myself was:  “I look like a white potato with arms!”
Actually, that was my second and third thought as well.
I’m ready to be baked over here.

-- Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. I wonder which is worse -- an image of one's self as a potato with arms or as a bag of rice with arms.

    ReplyDelete