Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, April 20, 2018

Crossovers


Late yesterday evening, I glanced over at that girl while we were sitting together on the sofa and asked: “Is that a jet I am hearing?”
“Yes,” she answered.
I could hear deep rumbling over the sound of our television.  The sound was profound enough I felt it lightly tickling at my skin.
Curious, I stepped outside the front door and looked up into the sky.  High above our valley, slicing through thin layers of clouds, I saw a formation of four jets flying straight southward.
Big jets.  Transports or Bombers.
I returned to the sofa and gave the jets no more thought.
At 4:30 this morning, I stepped out the front door after getting my coffee started and scanned the stars, as is always my habit.  Low and to the east, I noticed what I thought was a cluster of four stars blinking.
What would make stars blink like that, I wondered?
I studied them more closely.
They were advancing against the stationary stars nearby.
Curious, I walked out into the chill prairie darkness and studied the blinking stars.  The stars began to approach more rapidly as I watched.   Soon, they transformed into a diamond formation of four jets flying westward high above our valley.
Big jets.  Transports or bombers.
-- Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. If the jets you saw in the morning were the exact same jets you saw the day before, that sure is a strange coincidence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wondering if they were the same.

    ReplyDelete